Water Pumping Optimization #SWI2009
In the figure the schematic representation of the Grimsby drinking water supply region is given.
- The supply regions Smithville, Beamsville and Grimsby are situated at different heights
- With the use of the water buffers and the water pumps drinking water is transported to the three supply regions. The Pumps can be switched on or off and have different capacities. The total level raise of a pumping station is; , , and for Smithville, Park Road, Beamsville –and Grimsby pumping station.
- The reservoirs have different capacities also depicted in figure 1.
- The consumption flow of the three supply regions is known for quarter of an hour sections of each day in one year.
- The is known for quarter of an hour sections of each day in one year.
Schematic representation of the Grimsby drinking water supply region. The maximum levels of
the reservoirs and the geographical heights are in . The reservoir capacities are in .
What is the optimal pumping strategy taking into account:
- The price of energy
- The amount of drinking water consumed in the distribution regions
- The minimum levels in the buffers
- The maximum levels in the buffers
- The level of Grimsby Reservoir is assumed constant at 80 m
- An optimization region of one day
- The minimum pressure per supply region
Daily drinking water consumption of the Grimsby, Smithville and Beamsville areas